How I learned savings in my young age. | Money saving tip.

 

piggi bank saving learning learn earn spend
 

     There is no right age for saving money. When you were a toddler, your parents must have already started saving for you. Now, you are at that age where you understand the concept of saving. You can start right away.
 

        I remember when I was very young my parents bought me a Gullak (piggy bank). It was made out of tin (not a regular clay vessel). My parents were wise enough to share the lesson of savings with me. They regularly gave me some pocket money with a condition that half of the money must go into gullak. I always use to put half of my pocket money in gullak. Rest of the money I spent and left everything I put again in gullak. This habit developed a sense of saving inside my mind. Which tremendously helped me in my coming years. So, one by one I filled 5 gullaks with hard cash. They were very heavy to carry.
 

gullak saving earning pocket money half learn

 

        In school, my classmates came on a bicycle. I had desire of having a bicycle. I asked my parents to buy one for me. Parents told me you can buy it by yourself. I was confused I didn't know how it is possible. My father pointed out to towards gullaks and said there lies your answer. My father broke 3 of them and took out the cash. My eyes were wide open. I was in shock, I had never seen this much money in my life and it all belonged to me. I felt like I am the richest person in the world. That money was around 2000 rs (value of 2000rs meant a big deal in 1997)
We went to a cycle shop I selected the one all agreed on it. The price of it was rs2500. I gave 2000 and the rest is given by my father. I rode it to my home. It was like riding a Mercedes for me. 

bicycle saving earning save earn learn money pocket money


        Great pleasures come from small things. Never underestimate the power of small. drops of water create oceans.

You see, savings can create unimaginable luxuries. A small amount will be converted into a huge sum of money. Start early as possible.
Tips to keep in mind.

* Save and forget (until you need).
* Get the knowledge between needs and wants.
* Increase saving amount over time.
* Investing is as important as saving.
* keep in mind the power of compounding.
* Don’t just save, spend and enjoy.
* In the end happiness will matter more than your savings.


Thanks for reading and learning.

Comments